Thursday, March 15, 2007

My hope in the human race has been restored

At approximately 0020 hours, at the Chatterbox Pub aka The Box located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, I witnessed an act that made me re-believe in the human race, not as a whole but in a small faction of people whom I'm proud to know. What was so profound that I had to blog about it you ask? Well, little one I'll tell you.

I witnessed The Music Bingo/Blogger Mafia consume copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and some chiefly feasts to boot. At the end of the night when presented their tab, they discovered a discrepancy. The Mafia was undercharged by a considerable amount. Their tab may have been a little light out of fear or respect, I guess we'll never know. The Mafia brought this to the attention to The Box manager Jay, whom I call White Chocolate. After much debate with the other Box staff, White Chocolate brought a new tab back to the Mafia table and charged them even less. This heroic act of integrity made me ashamed of all the times I'd been undercharged and never said a word. I'd like to recognize the following people who made my night who were there at the time:

Aliecat, Sandra, Jeremy, & this chick named Amanda who has a fabulous rack (according to Jeremy)

For the Mafia who were not there I have no doubt that you would've done the same thing.

For the rest of the world, please use integrity or fuck off.

P.S. Hedy & Lesley I personally miss you.

And I'd also like to announce my new DJ name as "DJ HOMES"

WORD....




8 comments:

Aliecat said...

I'm a firm believer in Kharma...plus a healthy dose of midwestern guilt...

Hedy De Vine said...

wow, way to go blogger mafia!

what was your DJ name before Homes?

DJ HOMES said...

Back in 1993-1995 I was DJ Daddy Cool in my San Diego/DC/Japan club days. I used to DJ for a band as DJ U-NEEK back before DJ's in bands were cool circa 1996. Then Limp Bizkit made it big & then played it out. Not that any of that matters but did you know that ?uestlove, Perry Ferrell, and Boy George are killer DJs? When given the opportunity to DJ my style I would kill. Barfly never invited me back they can eat a dick.

lesley said...

Maybe the blogger mafia is more like the blogger mod squad....

See you next week, Homes.

DJ HOMES said...

I picked it cause I like saying: What's up homes? kinda like homie, holmes, homeboy.

Jeremy QA Gibbens said...

Hey! Don't put words in my mouth, man! Put racks in it.

Hedy De Vine said...

RHEO PLEASE COME BACK!!!

Anonymous said...

cheap alprazolam xanax drug symptoms - generic xanax not good